Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monthly test! / Prueba mensual!

(Insert one of the intros I always use here).

Today, I'm gonna tell you all about my first monthly test (related to January) at Sutok, which took place last week. I want you to know I'm in charge (along with Phillip and Ulyses) of a group of children who are 2 years old.

Evrything was too cute and OK, but we had to face our test. I wanna see your faces when a father is coming with his little kid and you must become friends within only 20 seconds, then, do it well in front of his father in order to make the kid happy and preventing him to cry.

As I was expecting, the little girls accepted me immediatly 'cause I carried them, I did spin when I was carrying them, they laughed and we became friends, they were following me everywhere. But it was different with the little boys, they were not listening to me, they didn't even look at me in the first two days, but since the third day we became friends too and every kid were all kinda mini-jessies behind me. But Phillip, Ulyses and me started made very lame activities, there were 4 at the begining, you can't imagine my face.

The first activity was about making a role play with marionettes with 2 characters: Henry (a blond boy with a pale face who was supposed to be coming to Sutok the first time) and his mother (a marionette which when I was taking her out of the bag, her dress fell down and she ended up naked, oops! If you don't believe me , go and ask Armand). Every kid laughed out loud, but I started to feel embarrased.

The second activity was about singing a song to say hello, it was supposed to last about 15-20 minutes, and after that, we'd gotta talk about life. We had to cancel the song because Phillip and Ulyses sing like frogs (very bad!), I was the only one who sing beautiful, but I felt very idiot to sing alone a song to make a kid, who didn't know me before, look at me with his face like saying: "Hey carrot head, you think I was born yesterday?" And the life talk was also canceled as soon as I saw the kids running to hug their mothers without leting me take control of the activity, except 2 of them, who were simply running in the loose instead of hugging their mothers, they were even saying hello to Emma and Ursula (who were also looking at us), who were seemingly having a better time than us. What a dissapointment!

The third activity was impossible to start, it was supposed to last 2 hours, but we did burn 10 minutes doing the greeting, another talk and another puppet show, and they were supposed to last 30 minutes. It was 11:00 a.m. in the morning and we had to be improvising games for 2-year-old kids (and I had no idea what the heck to do), and even with the presure from the parents of those kids who didn't want to stay with us anymore, but, to be honest, I'd never stay playing with a big girl who is taller than me with a face like mine.

I don't know how we made VERY LAME GAMES, the worst one was one about listening to a giant balloon and what it was saying, too good someone took pity on us and popped it out in order to let us have something else to play with. Then, we played with little balls for the fourth activity, I mean, EVERYTHING BAD! We were burning 4 activities in less time they were supposed to last, and they were all bad, my face was like Leshawna's face (Leshawna from TDI) when she was kicked out of the island and she didn't even know why, that was my face too. Everyhting learned in the training was flushing away through the toilet everytime Armand was approaching to see how we were doing. It was a shame, worthy of oblivion.

I swear (and I told my friends, including Phillip and Ulyses), if Armand brought a renunciation document in the noon, I'd swear I'd sign it. I was very disappointed and ashamed of myself.

Activities from 5 to 8 (which was the last one) are another story, I did well in those ones, but I'll tell them later.



By the way, my friend Ursula doesn't
know whether to open a blog or not, and I ensure you all it will be better than
mine if she manages to create it, but she is a little bit embarrased to do so
and she wants you all to be her friends. If you include the word WEST (since
she's from West Cephire), you'll be supporting her. And don't forget to leave
your comments here, It doesn't cost you anything, don't be evil.




G&GB



Sincerely:

Jessie (with my friends the li'l Sutok children)

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

(Inserten uno de los intros que uso siempre acá).

Hoy voy a hablarles de mi primera prueba mensual (correspondiente al mes de Enero) en Sutok, que fue la semana pasada. Quiero que sepan que estoy a cargo (junto con Felipe y Ulises) de un grupo de nenes de 2 años de edad.

Todo era muy tierno, muy lindo, hasta que tuvimos que enfrentar nuestra prueba. Quiero ver las caras de ustedes cuando un papá viene con un nene pequeño y ustedes tienen que hacerse amigos en 20 segundos, luego, hacerlo bien enfrente de sus papás para hacer feliz al mocoso y se quede sin llorar.

Como era de esperarse, las nenas me aceptaron enseguida porque las cargaba, daba vueltas con ellas mientras las cargaba, ellas se reían y ya eramos amigas, me seguían para todos lados. Pero con los nenes era diferente, no me daban ni bola, nisiquiera me miraban en los 2 primeros días, pero al tercer día ya nos hicimos amigos también y ahora todos/as ya eran tipo mini-jessies atrás mío. Pero Felipe, Ulises y yo empezamos a hacer mal las actividades, eran 4 al principio, no se imaginan mi cara.

La primera actividad era hacer una obra de marionetas con 2 personajes: Enrique (un nene rubio con una cara pálida que se supone que venía a Sutok por primera vez) y su mamá (que cuando la estaba sacando de la bolsa se le cayó el vestido y acabó desnuda, UPS! si no me creen, vayan y pregúntenle a Armando). Todos los nenes se atacaron de la risa, pero yo empezaba a sentirme avergonzada.

La segunda actividad era una canción para saludarnos, se suponía que debía durar de 15 a 20 minutos, y luego de eso, charlaríamos acerca de la vida. Tuvimos que cancelar la canción porque Felipe y Ulises cantaban como sapos (muy mal!), yo era la única que cantaba hermoso, pero me sentí muy idiota cantando yo sola una canción para hacer que un nene que no me conocía antes me mirara con su carita como diciendo: "Hey, pelos de zanahoria, te pensás que nací ayer?" Y la charla también la tuvimos que cancelar apenas ví que todos los nenes iba corriendo a abrazar a sus mamás sin dejarme tomar el control de la actividad, excepto 2 de ellos, que en lugar de abrazar a sus mamás, simplemente se la pasaban corriendo por ahí, de hecho, hasta saludaban a Emma y a Ursula (quienes nos miraban también), quienes al parecer se la pasaban mejor que nosotros, qué decepción!

La tercera actividad era imposible iniciarla, se suponía que debía durar 2 horas, pero quemamos 10 minutos haciendo el saludo, dando otra charla y haciendo otro show de títeres, y se supone que debían durar 30 minutos. Eran las 11:00 a.m. a la matina y teníamos que estar improvisando juegos para nenes de 2 años (y no tenía idea de qué carajo hacer), y aún con la presión de esos nenes que ya no se querían quedar con nosotros, pero para ser honesta, yo nunca me quedaría jugando con una nenota que es más alta que yo con una cara como la mía.

Yo no sé cómo hicimos JUEGOS MALISSIMOS, el peor fue uno que tenían que escuchar lo que decía un globo gigante, que bueno que alguien se apiadó de nosotros y nos lo reventó para que tuvieramos algo más con que jugar. Luego, jugamos con pelotitas del tamaño de un limón, ó sea, TODO MAL! Quemamos 4 actividades en menos tiempo de lo que debían durar, y las 4 salieron mal, mi cara era como la de Leshawna (Leshawna la de Isla del Drama) cuando fue expulsada de la isla sin siquiera saber por qué, esa cara tenía yo. Todo lo aprendido en el entrenamiento se iba por la taza del inodoro cada vez que Armando (el director de Sutok) se acercaba a ver cómo nos iba. Fue una vergüenza, digno de olvidar.

Juro (y se lo dije a mis amigos, incluyendo a Felipe y Ulises), que si al mediodía Armando me traía un papel para aceptar mi renuncia, juro que lo firmaba. Estaba tan decepcionada y avergonzada de mí misma.

Las actividades de la 5 a la 8 (que fue la última) son otra historia, en esas sí me fue bien, pero se las contaré después.



Por cierto, mi amiga Ursula no sabe
si abrir una libreta ó no, y yo les aseguro que va a estar mejor que la mía si
la llega a abrir, pero tiene vergüenza de hacerlo y quiere que todos
ustedes sean sus amigos. Si incluyen la palabra OESTE (porque ella es del Oeste
de Céfiro) en sus comments le estarán dando apoyo. Y no se olviden de dejar sus comments acá, no
les cuesta nada, no sean mala gente.





Image of Leshawna when she was kicked out of the island Wawanakwa, I took it from http://locosdeldrama.com/, Brizia's website a good friend of my father / Imagen de Leshawna cuando fue expulsada de la isla Wawanakwa, la tomé de http://locosdeldrama.com/, una libreta de Brizia, una amiga de mi papá.





SYD

Atte:
Jessie (con mis amigos, los Sutokitos)